Madrid, Sept. 23 (EFE).- Clouds will gradually increase in the eastern third and the Balearic Islands, where showers and storms are expected today, locally strong in northern Aragon, Catalonia and the Valencian Community, according to the State Meteorological Agency (Aemet).
Cloudy periods will increase until they cover the skies in Galicia and the Cantabrian area, albeit with weak rains.
In the rest of the peninsula the sky is partly cloudy or intermittent, but without precipitation.
In the Canary Islands, intervals are expected in the north of the islands, without excluding any weak precipitation on those with more relief; and with little cloud in the south.
Maximum temperatures will drop in the northwestern third peninsula, rise in Cádiz, Valencia, Aragon and Catalonia, and will remain with little change in the rest; the minimum will rise in the center and north of the peninsula and fall in Extremadura.
Winds will blow from a northern component in Galicia, and from northwesterly directions in the Bay of Biscay, southeast in the lower Ebro, Catalonia and Balearic Islands, moderate east in the Strait and northeast in the Canary Islands. In the rest there is a varying light wind.
FORECASTING BY AUTONOMOUS COMMUNITIES
– GALICIA: Mid to high morning clouds, including large clearings in the south in the afternoon. Chance of morning fog and even fog in the western third, in the interior of Lugo. In the northern third part, it will rain light rain from the end of the afternoon, without excluding a scattered shower in the morning. Minimum temperatures in slight drop on the southwest coast and in the Ourense mountain; and in slight increase in the rest; maximum in descent except in La Mariña and Rías Bajas where they will remain constant. Northeast winds on the Costa da Morte and variable in the rest, tending to a north component in the morning, intensifying on the south coast and north at night.
– ASTURIAS: cloudy sky that will increase until it is covered. Chance of morning mist or fog in the inland northwest. Light rain and showers at night, less likely in the south, although some scattered showers in the Cordillera in the morning are not excluded. Minimum temperatures at slight ascent and maximum at descent, slight or without changes in the coast. Variable light winds, tending towards the northern component inland from noon; and in western and northeasterly directions on the coast, which are slightly more intense.
– CANTABRIA: Medium to high cloud cover that will increase to cloudy or cloudy skies, with scattered rain and showers in the afternoon, excluding mists and scattered morning fogs on the coast and far south. Minimum rising and maximum falling temperatures. Variable loose winds, which will intensify and tend towards a westerly component on the coast and a northwesterly direction inland.
– BASQUE COUNTRY: Intervals from medium to high, and some low clouds at dawn, increasing in the morning to a cloudy or overcast sky with scattered rain and showers, more frequent and intense towards the end of the day in the eastern end of Guipúzcoa. Minimum rising and maximum falling temperatures in the west and south, and unchanged in Guipúzcoa. Variable weak winds, which will intensify, with a tendency towards a west component on the coast and a north component in the interior.
– CASTILLA Y LEÓN: slightly cloudy sky with occasional moderate to high clouds, increasing from north to south during the day, without excluding weak and scattered precipitation in the northern third, especially in the mountains , and in the far east, where evolution clouds are expected, which may be accompanied by a storm. Minimum temperatures are rising, except in the southwest, and maximum temperatures are falling or unchanged in the southwest. Variable light breeze, northeasterly in the northeasterly quadrant, and westerly in the rest.
– NAVARRA: intervals of high and some low cloud at sunrise in the western half, increasing to cloudy or cloudy skies in the morning, with rain and showers in the afternoon, which may be accompanied by storms, more frequent and intense in the Pyrenees and in the eastern third, where they can be locally strong at the end of the day. Minimum rising and maximum temperatures with few changes. Variable loose wind, with a tendency to the north and northwest in the afternoon.
– LA RIOJA: Slightly cloudy sky with intervals of medium to high cloud, with a certain tendency to become cloudier and overcast, without excluding light scattered precipitation, which may occasionally be accompanied by a storm. Low-hanging clouds and morning fog banks are also not excluded. Minimum temperatures rise and maximum temperatures without changes or in a slight decrease. Southeast wind with a tendency to lose variable at the end of the day.
– ARAGÓN: Cloudy in the morning, with a tendency in the afternoon to cloudy skies or covered with showers and storms which can be strong and likely locally in the northern third of Aragon and eastern Teruel. Rising temperatures, especially the minimum. Light wind from south and south east.
– CATALONI: Cloudy periods in the early hours of the day, without excluding scattered and occasional showers in the southern half of the coast. From the afternoon there is a tendency towards cloudy or overcast skies, with showers and storms that can be strong locally from the afternoon. Temperatures without changes or with local increases. Loose wind from the south, at moderate intervals on the coast, more amplified on the north coast.
– EXTREMADURA: slightly cloudy sky with high clouds, with some clouds in the north. Minimum temperatures in decreasing line, and maximum with few changes. Variable light breeze with a tendency towards the westerly component.
– COMMUNITY OF MADRID: slightly cloudy sky, which will increase at intervals of medium and high cloud, more abundant in the mountains. Minimum temperatures unchanged or slightly increasing; maximum without changes or in slight decrease. Variable light breeze with more intense intervals from the southwest in the central hours.
– CASTILLA-LA MANCHA: slightly cloudy sky that will increase at intervals of medium and high cloud, more abundant in the Central and Iberian systems, as well as some interval of cloud evolution. A shower is not excluded, occasionally accompanied by a storm in the eastern third. Minimum temperatures rise in the eastern half and with no changes in the rest; maxima in slight decrease in Guadalajara and Ibérica Cuenca and without changes in the rest. Variable loose winds with a predominance of the southern component in Albacete and southwesterly direction in the rest, during the central hours.
– VALENCIA COMMUNITY: In the morning, periods of cloud and a small chance of scattered and occasional showers in coastal areas. In the afternoon the sky will tend to become cloudy or cloudy, with showers and storms less likely in the south of Alicante and may be locally strong in the areas of Castellón and Valencia. Minimum temperatures unchanged and maximum rising in Castellón and Valencia. Variable light breezes with a southerly tendency in the afternoon and moderate coastal breaks in the afternoon.
– MURCIA REGION: Cloudy intervals, without excluding occasional showers and thunderstorms, more likely inland during the afternoon. Morning mists. Temperatures with minor changes. Variable light wind, with wind.
– BALEARIC ISLANDS: Cloudy intervals with occasional and scattered showers. Temperatures with little change. Light wind and coastal breeze.
– ANDALUSI: Slightly cloudy sky, although with intervals of low cloud and fog on the coast, without the exclusion of fog. Cloudy during the day in the eastern third and the rest of the mountains, without excluding an occasional shower from midday, more likely in the eastern mountains. Temperatures with minor changes. east wind in the Strait; variably loose in the rest, trending southwest on the Atlantic slope.
– CANARY ISLANDS: in the north of the most prominent islands, cloudy skies, with little chance of weak and occasional rain in the early morning and with a tendency to cloudiness in the central hours. In the north of Lanzarote, cloudy at noon with clear openings. For the rest, partly cloudy skies, with high clouds that will extend from the southeast to the northwest of the archipelago during the second half of the day. Temperatures with few changes, with some rise in high areas. North-easterly winds, more intense on the southeast and northwest slopes of the more relief islands, where strong intervals are expected at dawn and at the end of the day. In the central peaks of Tenerife, wind from the southwest. Wind on southwest coasts.